How to get the best price for a scrap car
- August 5, 2019
- Scrap a Car News, Uncategorized
- Posted by Scrappers
- Comments Off on How to get the best price for a scrap car
To get the best price for a scrap car, the easiest way is to simply call The Scrappers.
The friendly team of experts will offer the best price and pickup for free any unwanted vehicle regardless of where you are in the UK.
The prices being offered by scrapyards will vary and be influenced by a range of factors including the supply of scrap metal into the market and demand from buyers.
It helps that there is a network of friendly and reputable agents working on behalf of The Scrappers who can arrange a free pickup at a time to suit you and pay into your bank account when they do so.
Get the best price for your scrap car
However, to get the best price for your scrap car there are some tips you really should pay attention to including:
- Do not remove any parts from your car: this will lower its value and may put off a scrapyard from picking your vehicle up.
- Choose a reputable scrapping firm: while you could get more from a firm that is not an authorised treatment facility, you will be breaking the law if you accept hard cash. Choosing The Scrappers means you will comply with the law.
- Your tax disc: after you scrap your car, it may be worth contacting the DVLA for a refund on your road tax.
- Have paperwork ready: when scrapping a car, you will need the V5c or logbook to hand which proves you are the owner of the vehicle.
Scrapping your vehicle for cash
As mentioned previously, there are rules and regulations to comply with when it comes to scrapping your vehicle for cash.
The most important is that you’ll need to use an authorised treatment facility because only they are capable of giving you a certificate of destruction and also informing the DVLA that you have scrapped your car in a responsible way.
While you could potentially earn more from a firm of scrappers who are not an authorised treatment facility, you will be breaking the law by accepting cash. Also, the DVLA may not recognise that your vehicle has been scrapped properly.
Another potential downside for using a rogue scrapyard is that you are still responsible for the vehicle, so should it be stripped of the valuable parts and then dumped on the verge or roadside, you will be liable for removing it or face prosecution.
It’s simply not worth the risk, so if you want to know how to get the best price for a scrap car, then you need to speak with the experts at The Scrappers today on (01204) 388488.