Terms and Conditions
Please read and familiarise with the terms and conditions, when purchasing or selling to The Scrappers.
The terms ‘us’ ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 228 Waterloo Street, Bolton, BL1 8HU. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- APPLICABLE CONTRACT PROVISIONS.
- “Buyer” means the entity issuing the Order, and any affiliates, subsidiaries, successors or assigns thereof. “Seller” means the person, firm or company to whom the Order is addressed. “Materials” means all the products and/or services to be supplied by Seller under the Order. “Order” means the purchase order issued by Buyer for the supply of Materials, which may be an oral communication or a written or electronic document, and may also include particular shipping instructions and/or other specifications required by Buyer for the Materials.
- These terms and conditions, together with the Order, constitute an offer by Buyer to purchase the Materials from Seller pursuant to the terms and conditions described herein. This offer is not an acceptance or a confirmation of any previous offer or proposal from Seller, and this offer shall be deemed to be a rejection and counteroffer with respect to any previous offer or proposal from Seller.
- Parts purchased will comply with the Sale & Supply of Goods Act 1994 and be of “Satisfactory Quality” unless specified at the time of sale
- Parts will carry a minimum guarantee of 30 days and only parts shown on your invoice/receipt are covered by the guarantee/warranty.
- If any part supplied by ourselves proves to be faulty during this period, it may be returned to us for an exchange.
- Any parts correctly supplied by us cannot be returned.
- No parts may be altered, modified or dismantled in anyway (except for routine service adjustment) without our permission. Failure to comply with these terms will invalidate your guarantee/warranty.
- Our guarantee covers parts only. It does not cover any labour charges or from any fault arising from the fitting of this part.
- All goods should be inspected upon delivery before signing to ensure that the item has not been damaged during transit. If goods prove to be damaged, do not sign, refuse delivery and contact us within 1 working day. This is to ensure that if necessary, a claim can be made against the courier company.
- In the event that a part is supplied as ordered but the customer has ordered incorrectly, we must be contacted immediately and the part returned to us within 7 days of purchase at the cost of the customer.
- Refunds will only be made upon the return of the part to our premises.
- By accessing this website and/or placing an order or request, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All engines purchased must be fitted with a new timing belt/cam belt/chain and filled with new oil prior to installation. Failure to do so will render the warranty/guarantee null and void.
- All gearboxes must be filled with new oil prior to installation. Failure to do so will render the warranty/guarantee null and void.
- Entitlement to the goods shall remain with us until paid in full.
Selling/Scrapping Your Car
- If your car is to be scrapped the service that we will provide to you includes the following as standard:
1.1. treatment of your car at an authorised treatment facility in accordance with the UK end of life vehicle regulations; and
1.2. the issue of a DVLA Certificate of Destruction, where possible, free of charge.
1.3. If your car is to be reused the service that we will provide to you includes the following as standard:
1.4. assistance to complete the V5C/3 section of the V5C registration certificate.
1.5. If your car is to be reused it will remain your responsibility to send the V5C/3 section of the V5C registration certificate to the DVLA to notify them of the sale/transfer to the motor trade.
1.6. In addition to the above, we are also able to arrange for your car to be collected from a specified location and delivered to the authorised treatment facility, free of charge.
1.7. The decision to scrap or reuse your vehicle for resale or breaking is at our discretion and does not affect the quotation.
1.8 it is to our discretion that we may sell your details to carefully selected companies, known as ‘collection agents’ if we feel that this would better suit your needs. Such as if your vehicle is situated out of our ‘area’ we will find an agent in your area to give you a quote.
2.1 When we are determining the quotation, the resale price of your car or any reusable parts or recyclable materials have been taken into consideration and the cost providing the service has been deducted and the remainder will be paid to you.
2.2 In some circumstances that cost of the service may outweigh the value of your vehicle, there may be a charge payable to you, this will always be stated clearly in the quotation.
2.3 When you make a Request you will be asked to provide the company with the following details: your name, address and other contact details, details of your car (on which we may undertake checks), its condition and, if you require us to collect your car, its location.
2.4 Once you have accepted the Quotation we may contact you to ask you to verify or provide additional information.
2.5 When we provide you with a quote on your vehicle, it is based on the following assumptions;
2.5.1. that the vehicle is complete, in that it contains all of the components that a person would reasonably expect to be included within it, such as the engine, gearbox, bodywork, battery and catalytic converter;
2.5.2. the vehicle has not sustained substantial damage, whether it be from accident, vandalism or theft
2.5.3 that the vehicle is free from any additional waste, such as litter or refuse
2.5.4 that if your car is to be collected from us, it must be accessible, parked on solid ground with sufficient access for a recovery truck, and have fully inflated tyres.
2.5.5 If these statements are not true of your vehicle at the time of collection, it is then down to drivers discretion to agree an amount with you for the removal of the vehicle.
2.6 All collections will be free of charge unless otherwise stated.
2.7 Any payments made from us to the customer will be paid in Pounds Sterling, either in cheque, cash or electronic payment.
2.8 Quotations are valid for seven days from which it is issued. In the event that you do not accept the quotation within the seven days, it will expire and you will have to make a new request.
3 If you wish to cancel the contract into which you have entered with the company, you must do so more than 24 hours before the collection has been scheduled for.
3.1 Subject to the above, once you have accepted the Quotation, you may not cancel the Contract without our consent, which if given will be deemed to be on the basis that you shall be liable to us for the loss of cost and such other reasonable and foreseeable loss as we may suffer as a result of such cancellation (such as, without limit, travel and time costs incurred by us prior to cancellation) and such damages shall be paid by you upon such cancellation. We shall use our reasonable endeavours to reduce any such damages by an amount to reflect any replacement contract which we are able to carry out as a result of cancellation.
- Under the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013, it is now illegal to pay for scrap metal with cash. Therefore, payment will be made by cheque or electronic bank transfer.
1.1.1 After we pay the customer by electronic bank transfer, detail of the customer’s account will be removed from our files.
1.2 The customer must provide legal photographic identification; either a passport or a driving licence, before we can accept scrap metal. This identification will be kept on record for at least 2 years.
1.3 All prices on scrap metal will be in line with the prices on the London Metal Exchange that day.
1.4 We will separate large amounts of mixed grade metal; however it is the customers’ duty to separate smaller amounts.